Align with NYS
Make NYS CORE STANDARDS come alive for your students by integrating them with your visit here.
ALIGN WITH NYS
- Make NYS CORE STANDARDS come alive for your students by integrating them with your visit here.
- Below are examples from colleagues with permission to use as is or for adaptation for your own needs. Some may be modified to class level or specific subject area.
- For support, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
After viewing the following, scroll down to find exciting curricular ideas created by the LongHouse Educaton Committee for grades Pre-K--HS as well as video to enhance your visit here.
CURRICULUM SHARED BY YOUR COLLEAGUES: We invite you to share your ideas and submit your plans to help us expand this resource for everyone. We will post new entries as they are received.
School: Ross School
Teachers: Sharon Cook, Soraya Brooks
Concept/Math: Finding Pattern in Nature
School: Tuckahoe Common School District
Teacher: Barbara Imperiale
Concept: Kinetic Connections
Artists / Art History connection
Integrations: Math and Writing Poems
Literary connection: The Calder Game by Blue Balliett (fiction)
Alexander Calder by Sylvie Delpech (non fiction)
Grade: HS, mixed
School: Ross School
Teacher: Dr. Danielle Goodwin, Dean of Mathematics
Concept/Math: Geometry discovered in art, architecture, and natural surroundings here at LHR
IDEAS AND MATERIALS SHARED BY THE LongHouse EDUCATION COMMITTEE:
These on-line materials can be used/adapted to enhance both your pre and post visit to LongHouse Reserve. Scroll through as there are ideas and discussions for all students Pre-K through 12th grade.
- MAKE IT REAL! at LongHouse Reserve
- Living with Art & Nature - A Discussion
- LongHouse Curriculum Ideas for Pre-K
- LongHouse Curriculum Ideas for Elementary
- LongHouse Curriculum Ideas for Upper/Secondary Levels
- Video "Growing Up with Art & Nature - Ins and Outs of Interlacing" interview with Jack Lenor Larsen
- ABC video created by the Springs School 5th grade 2008 class. Teacher: Irene Tully
- Video 10 Great Field Trips, Narrated By Irene Tully, 20 min.