Learn more about becoming a volunteer at LongHouse.
Over 3,000 students, Pre-K through college, visit us yearly!
- Some might be your children, grandchildren or children from your neighborhood.
- Some may have been here before; others might never have walked a garden, seen a piece of sculpture or felt that sense of peace and wonder that LongHouse offers.
- Enrich the lives of “our” children and help us to honor all school requests by becoming a Docent. It’s not difficult and is personally rewarding.
"All it requires is a bit of knowledge, a positive attitude and a good pair of walking shoes."
Learn more about becoming a docent by clicking here. We need your help.
PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS … FAMILY
Spend time in our gardens with your children and grandkids.
- Pick up our Hand in Hand, free of charge at the Gatehouse; go on an interactive treasure hunt of LongHouse…together.
- If your child’s been here before, let him/her lead the way - they’ll feel proud to be your docent.
- Encourage your child’s teacher (K-12th grade) to bring students, always free of charge. Perhaps your child will be showing in our Student Annual; come be a part of this celebration.
We want you and your family to make a special connection with LongHouse. Visit frequently and see how the gardens change with each season. Before you know it, this oasis will become your home away from home.
- Bring your cell phones and access highlights of our gardens narrated by our founder, Jack Lenor Larsen.
- See LongHouse as part of an intimate Twilight Tour. If you prefer, you or your organization can create a group tour. Please call us @ 631-329-3568 for more information.
- Check our Calendar to see what’s of special interest to you.
Think about becoming a LongHouse volunteer. Whether you’ve but a few hours to give or more, we welcome you to become a valued member of our LongHouse community. Learn about all the ways you can join our most valued team.
For all volunteer information, other than docent, contact Joi Jackson Perle at firstname.lastname@example.org.