Learn more about becoming a volunteer at LongHouse.
Over 2,000 students, Pre-K through college, visit us yearly!
- Some might be your children, grandchildren or children from your neighborhood.
- Some may have been here before; others might never have walked a garden, seen a piece of sculpture or felt that sense of peace and wonder that LongHouse offers.
- Enrich the lives of “our” children and help us to honor all school requests by becoming a Docent. It’s not difficult and is personally rewarding.
"All it requires is a bit of knowledge, a positive attitude and a good pair of walking shoes."
Learn more about becoming a docent by clicking here. We need your help.
PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS … FAMILY
Spend time in our gardens with your children and grandkids.
- Pick up our Hand in Hand, free of charge at the Gatehouse; go on an interactive treasure hunt of LongHouse…together.
- If your child’s been here before, let him/her lead the way - they’ll feel proud to be your docent.
- Encourage your child’s teacher (K-12th grade) to bring students, always free of charge. Perhaps your child will be showing in our Student Annual; come be a part of this celebration.
We want you and your family to make a special connection with LongHouse. Visit frequently and see how the gardens change with each season. Before you know it, this oasis will become your home away from home.
- Bring your cell phones and access highlights of our gardens narrated by our founder, Jack Lenor Larsen.
- See LongHouse as part of an intimate Twilight Tour. If you prefer, you or your organization can create a group tour. Please call us @ 631-329-3568 for more information.
- Come join our Saturday morning Sound Meditation led by Jim Owen.
- Check our Calendar to see what’s of special interest to you.
Think about becoming a LongHouse Volunteer. Whether you’ve but a few hours to give or more, we welcome you to become a valued member of our LongHouse community. Learn about all the ways you can join our most valued team.
For all Volunteer information, other than Docent, contact Joi Perle at email@example.com.