LongHouse Reserve is now accepting resumes and cover letters from students interested in its summer 2022 internship program
LongHouse Reserve is now accepting resumes and cover letters from students interested in its summer 2022 internship program. Read more about our internship program below.
LongHouse Reserve revolves around its world-renowned gardens, seasonal and permanent exhibition of art, and educational outreach to persons of any age. Interns should demonstrate interest in one or more of these areas.
Applicants should be attending college or in a graduate school program.
- Writing and verbal skills. LongHouse interns assist with correspondence, copy writing, and editing.
- Communication and interpersonal skills. LongHouse interns engage with visitors, volunteers, board members, garden and office staff, and others. One needs to take initiative and help with a positive attitude whenever asked.
- Computer skills. LongHouse primarily utilizes Word, Excel, and Photoshop.
- Welcoming and directing visitors.
- General office work – answering phones, assisting with mailings, filing, data entry.
- Art handling (auction cataloging, exhibition installation and de-installation, item packing and shipping).
- Working on all events happening within one’s internship.
- Internships run for six to eight consecutive weeks, with flexible start-dates to accommodate school schedules. Preference for availability from early June through August, including Benefit Gala on July 23.
- LongHouse office hours are 9:30 – 5:30, Monday through Saturday. Special events at LongHouse require extended hours. Interns should expect to work 5 days each week, including Saturday.
- Interns represent LongHouse and frequently engage with visitors. Dress should be ‘summer professional’. Interns are also responsible for their own housing and transportation.*
- If you’d also like to work with our gifted horticulture team, please note.
Interns shall receive a stipend of $4,000 upon successful completion of the internship program.
*Please note: Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation. Interns should seek housing in or close to the Town of East Hampton. Due to the nature of Hamptons traffic, even housing in nearby villages and towns can result in commutes of an hour or more to and from LongHouse.
Interested students should send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.